Assessment of constructions and materials
On assessing historical and old structures it is often the case that no documentation exists from which the residual load-bearing capacity can be reliably determined. For purposes of design, we provide, for example, the following information based on inspection of the structure:
- Construction design
- Reinforcement layout
- Thicknesses of layers
- Material strength determinations.
- State of load-bearing structure and damage.
If damage due to moisture is known or found in the course of our investigations, our team is able to investigate the damage in greater depth and provide an assessment. This includes, for example, salt deposits in masonry and corrosion damage. If necessary, we can provide a repair concept.
Using non-destructive or minimally invasive methods, we are able to detect damage due to overloading of old load-bearing structures which is outwardly not visible, e.g. shear cracks inside historic hollow stone ceilings .
- Monitoring Gänstorbrücke
- Parking garage Amalienstraße
- Railway project Stuttgart-Ulm
- Regional Administration Office
- Exposed aggregate concrete facade, Martha-Maria Hospital
- Regensburg Cathedral
- University for Television and Film, museum for Egyptian art
- Elephant house, Zoo Hellabrunn
- Decoration shell of the Venus Grotto, Linderhof Palace
- Deutsches Theater, rabitz ceiling