Fair-faced concrete structures
Design, appraisal, tendering, quality assurance
The successful production of fair-faced concrete structures or elements requires special measures in the design and tendering phases as well as during construction in order to ensure the desired level of quality. Our expert services include the following:
- Individual consultation with architects and clients during the design, tendering, and execution of fair-faced concrete structures and elements
- Definition of design ideas, determination of technical feasibility of, in particular, detailed solutions and the need to find compromises during realization
- Advice on planning detailed solutions for fair-faced concrete
- Technical support during the drafting of the contract documents
- Expert assistance during construction of fair-faced concrete structures and elements
- Expert assessment of construction quality taking into account the contractual agreement
- Advice and expert assistance for any necessary cosmetic or repair measures.
The DBV/BDZ Bulletin "Fair-faced concrete", published June 2015, summarizes the state-of- the-art of fair-faced concrete construction methods and is the reference document in Germany for design and contracts related to fair-faced concrete elements. The Bulletin recommends supervision by specialists for the design, tendering, and construction of fair-face concrete in class SB 3 (concrete surfaces with complex creative requirements) and higher.
Contacts: <link email@example.com - - E-Mail>Prof. Dr.-Ing. Christian Sodeikat </link>and <link firstname.lastname@example.org - - E-Mail>Dr.-Ing. Doris Strehlein</link>