Consulting, investigation and repair, monitoring
Bridges are among the most demanding engineering structures at all. The durability of newly constructed bridges depends decisively on the properties of the materials and the execution and quality of the protective measures, particularly against the ingress of deicing salt. The success of bridge restoration depends on targeted investigations of the structure, a skilled assessment of the existing state and, finally, high technical competence regarding the planning and execution of the repair measures.
We offer the following services:
- Expert advice on planning new bridges with regard to durability, protective measures, concrete technology etc.
- Preliminary structural investigations for planning repair measures, including the following.
- Potential field measurements to determine regions with chloride-induced corrosion (according to Bulletin B3 of DGZfP)
- Localization of prestressing tendons (radar und ultrasonic methods)
- Non-destructive investigation of injection state of sheaths for prestressing tendons with ultrasound (application of method depends on particular conditions of structure)
- Determination of the reinforcement layout and concrete cover (reinforcement scanner, radar und ultrasonic methods)
- Sampling and analysis of drill dust and determination of chloride content
- Determination of carbonation depth
- Determination of concrete strength (cores, rebound hammer)
- Determination of adhesive strength of concrete surfaces
- Determination of roughness depth of concrete surfaces (sand patch method and ELA texture instrument)
- Localization of defects in primer coatings and seals (high voltage spark tester)
- Investigation and evaluation of prestressing steel susceptible to stress corrosion cracking (e.g. Sigma-Oval steel, Neptun steel).
- Structural investigation according to DIN 1076
- Corrosion monitoring (installation and evaluation)
- Planning of restoration measures and construction supervision
- Calculation of remaining service life
- Creation of quality assurance schemes for new structures and restoration